Wednesday 8 August 2012

The Liebster Award (My first award!)

I've been tagged for my first award, which for someone still relatively new to blogging is pretty exciting! It's the best feeling in the world to feel that you're finally becoming recognised. Thank you Globe & Nail for tagging me. :)


For this tag, you need to do the following:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
 
11 things about myself

1. I have a brother two years younger than me, and a sister who is one year older than me.
2. I spend a large majority of my time on the Internet either on YouTube or talking to friends. A few of my favourite YouTubers are CTFxC, SHAYTARDS, nerimon, charlieissocoollike, danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil. Although these tend to change a lot. I think my all-time favourite would be CTFxC, I own one of their hoodies.
3. I can lick both of my elbows, but not at the same time.
4. My friends hate me for saying it, but I'm not a huge fan of Harry Potter or LOTR. I just never got into either of them. I read the Harry Potter books and enjoyed them, I just never became obsessed. Then LOTR is far to long for me to be able to watch all of the films or read the books.
5. I have a birthmark in my eye. My eyes are mostly hazel/green except for one portion of the iris in the left eye (I think) which is brown. Most people tend to freak out when they see it and ask if it hurts, which of course it doesn't.
6. After the summer holidays I'll be starting my A-Levels, which scares me to death. For my A-Levels I'm going to be doing Psychology, English Literature, French and Communication & Culture.
7. Other than doing my nails, I have no talent in art whatsoever. I can't draw to save my life, as all of my artsy friends will tell you.
8. I'm more of a dog person than a cat person, however if it's cute and fluffy I'll probably love it.
9. My favourite animal is a sloth because I think they're a lot like me. They're lazy and have long claws. Sums me up pretty perfectly I'd say.
10. I have zero interest in sports. The Olympics are boring for me, and so I have seen barely anything. I think it's great for people who actually enjoy the sports but I'd rather not have the Olympics thrown at me everywhere I go.
11. It took an insanely long time to think of all of these facts, because I'm such a boring person.

Questions set by the tagger
1. Why did you decide to start blogging, and how long ago did you start?
 I first really got into reading blogs when I saw The Nailasaurus's meme nails posted on Memebase. I saw her watermark on the picture so searched for her blog and read a few of her posts. I think from then I was hooked and brought stamping plates a few days later. I also checked her Best of British page and found a few other blogs to start following. After a while, I kinda figured that blogging might be a bit of fun so I decided to give it a go. I already had a Blogger account which I'd made in July of last year, so in April of this year I started using it.
2. Favourite polish finish? (Creme, glitter, holo, shimmer, ect.?)
Tough one... I think the colours in cremes can be gorgeous, but after seeing swatches of Gosh Holographic I can see that holos can be amazing too. One finish that I don't really like is frosted, something about it just makes me think it looks a little cheap. That's just my opinion though.
3. Ever had an embarrassing manicure failure?
Sometimes designs don't turn out quite how I imagined them in my head, but that happens to everyone sometimes. I can't think of anything in particular that was embarrassing. One time someone broke one of my nails by high-5ing me... does that count?
4. What is your nail art/nail care pet peeve?
When people don't clean up their nails, that annoys me. Sometimes the design they've done is really nice or the colour is pretty but they have nail polish all around their cuticles. I guess that ruins the overall look for me.
5. Biggest polish lemming?
Probably Gosh Holographic or OPI DS Original. They're both so pretty. Thankfully Gosh is re-releasing their Holographic polish soon, so it will be mine someday!
6. What brand of polish do you own the most of?
Barry M, definitely. It's super cheap and has some really nice colours. Probably one of my favourite brands too.
7. What is your favourite movie?
I like most Disney/Pixar movies, they never disappoint. I think if I had to pick a favourite one of those it would be between The Lion King, Monster's Inc and Toy Story. I can never think of a movie that isn't Disney to choose as my favourite though... this question is hard for me. I think any film that I watched a lot as a kid and brings back lots of memories is fine for me.
8. Favourite book? 
Most recently I've read The Hunger Games trilogy, and I liked those a lot. I also read Looking for Alaska by John Green a few weeks ago. That was an awesome book, even if I did cry a lot.
9. Any hobbies besides nail art and blogging?
Not really... I don't do much other than surf the Internet and paint my nails.
10. Three material possessions you couldn't live a day without?
My laptop (Internet connection included?), Clothes (who wants to go out into public naked? Unless you're into that...) and my bed (so that I can get lots of sleep).
11. Do you ever leave the house with naked nails?
Never, when my nails are naked I feel like they're prone to breaking and getting damaged. They're never without polish for too long, only however long it takes between removing the last manicure and creating a new one.

My questions for the tagged
1. What/Who got you started with nail art and how long have you been doing it?
2. How long have you been blogging for?
3. What is your favourite colour to wear on your nails?
4. Favourite nail art technique? (Water marbling, stamping, gradient, etc)
5. How many different polishes do you own?
6. Do you have a favourite polish that you keep buying when you run out?
7. Any tips/tricks you've learnt whilst doing your nails?
8. Most you've ever spent on nail polish?
9. How often do you paint your nails?
10. Where do you get your inspiration for nail art?
11.  Favourite design you've blogged?

And finally, I tag:
9.
10.
11.

Notice there are three empty spaces for tags? That's because the people I've tagged are the only people that I follow with under 200 followers and haven't (to my knowledge) done this tag. If you have a blog with less than 200 followers and want to be tagged, just comment and I'll add you onto it! :)

Thanks for reading all of this, I had a lot of fun writing it!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this! and thank you for tagging me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just tagged you in my post for the Liebster Award, so sorry to see you have already done it XD
    http://justtalknails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete