Sunday 10 June 2012

China Glaze's "Sunkissed" dupe

I promised this post a couple of weeks ago, and finally it's here! When I showed you the Primark neons, I said that the yellow looks similar to swatches of China Glaze's "Sunkissed" that I had seen. Since I had the polish on order, I wanted to swatch it and compare. This would have been posted last week, but something jubilee related was needed, of course.

In the bottles, both polishes look pretty similar, other than China Glaze having a little more shimmer and being slightly greener.

However, the consistencies of the polishes are loads different to each other when applied to the nails. Primark's yellow is much, much sheerer than Sunkissed and could have had another coat to be more opaque. Also, the difference in shimmer is more obvious. When dry, Sunkissed dries with a semi-matte finish but Primark's yellow dries quite shiny. I added a topcoat to make both polishes shiny.
These pictures are more colour accurate than the original Primark neons swatches because I used a different camera. What do you think, have you noticed a difference in the picture quality or is it the same?


Overall, I don't think that the Primark yellow is a perfect dupe for China Glaze's "Sunkissed", however it could make a nice alternative if you can't China Glaze's polishes. They're just as bright as each other, although I think China Glaze has a better finish. But for the price of Primark's polishes (although the bottles are smaller) you can't go wrong!

8 comments:

  1. Great comparison! I love neon polishes. I ordered the new CG neons and they should be here Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have "I'm with the Lifeguard" as well, but I haven't swatched that yet. All of the new neons are so gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. They all look so similar. Nice comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good comparison. I do think they both look similar on the nail but not so much in the bottle. CG is slightly greener but other than that the primark one is a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comparison, they both look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) And, I agree. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the Primark polishes work, especially for the price.

      Delete